Download SAIA Getting Started Guide
We verify your good standing with SAIA in real-time to confirm your expertise, and assist you to promote yourself as an accredited SAIA member.
WHAT IS DIGITAL ACCREDITATION?
- The digital accreditation service provides you with a dynamic, digital seal, called a Privyseal, and detailed Verification Certificate.
- Your Privyseal and linked Verification Certificate verifies your professional designation as a member as well as your contact details, status and more.
- Your Privyseal should be inserted into your email signature, website and social media profiles. It confirms your good standing as a member, provided the records of the South African Institute of Auctioneers (SAIA) confirm your good-standing and ongoing compliance.
- Your Privyseal will not display if there is a problem with your records at SAIA.
WHY SHOULD I USE MY PRIVYSEAL?
- Your Privyseal is a powerful way to prove your status and good standing in real-time.
- Your Privyseal confirms that your status is real and has been evaluated against the SAIA’s membership records.
- Your Privyseal assists to decrease fraud, loss of certificates and the associated risks of poor service and costly mistakes.
- By using your Privyseal in your communications you make your SAIA membership and expertise highly visible.
- Your Privyseal removes any possible doubt as to your competence and assures those who deal with you that you can be trusted.
- Your Privyseal may be used as a competitive advantage to secure business over non-compliant or bogus professionals.
SAIA PRIVYSEALS AND CERTIFICATES:
- Are always genuine, current and accessible, unlike paper- based certifications;
- Provide constantly updated information;
- Allow you to showcase your skills & expertise;
- Protect the public by distinguishing between accredited and non-accredited persons; and
- Markets your expertise everytime you wish to share your SAIA accreditation on social media platforms or email.
KEEPING YOUR RECORDS UPDATED
- To make use of the Privyseal service you need to ensure that your contact details are correctly reflected with SAIA.
- To check if your contact details are correct, log onto the SAIA website at www.auctoneering.co.za and login with your username and password.
- For more details on how to update your information or renew your membership on the SAIA Portal, please follow the steps on the next page.
- Once you have updated your mobile and email address details you may proceed to obtain your Privyseal at www.privyseal.com
Please note that if you sign-up with a different email address or mobile number from that reflected in the SAIA records, or use a different name, we will not be able to issue you with your Privyseal.
- For this reason, please first update your email and mobile number contact details through SAIA’s website before you attempt to sign-up with PrivySeal.
HOW DO I GET IT?
All you have to do is to visit www.privyseal.com and sign-up. You don’t have to pay anything!
- The sign-up form requires that you submit your first name, middle names, last name, email address, mobile number and choose a password. You must verify your email address and mobile number by entering the timed one time personal identification numbers we send you by email and SMS.
- Once your email and mobile number have been verified, please check the box to accept our Terms & Conditions and click on the SUBMIT button. You will then be taken to your profile page where your Privyseal will be displayed.
HOW DO I INSTALL MY PRIVYSEAL IN MY EMAIL SIGNATURE?
- Click on the Email Installation Instructions link below your certificate. You will see that you need to copy and paste the certificate link into your email signature edit box.
- To do so you will need to open your email programme and edit your email signature.
- Once you have your email signature editor open you may add the link to your certificate seal into your email signature, this is the first link ending “/1s”.
- Your Privyseal seal should then display in your email signature editor.
- Once you see your SAIA Privyseal, right click on your Privyseal seal and add a hyperlink to your Privyseal Certificate, this is the second link ending “/1c”.
- You must then save your changes and test that your SAIA Privyseal is displaying correctly in your email signature.
- To do so, please click on your Privyseal seal.
- Clicking on your Privyseal seal should open up an internet browser window that displays your Privyseal Certificate on www.privyseal.com.
SHARING YOUR PRIVYSEAL
You may share your Privyseal on your social media accounts by clicking on the share button on your Verification Certificate. Provided you are logged into your Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn or Twitter account, your PrivySeal Verification Certificate will be posted to your account and alert your friends and colleagues that you have a Privyseal and are recognized as a genuine and compliant Registrant in good standing with the Estate Agency Affairs Board.
IS PRIVYSEAL SECURE?
Security of your data is of paramount importance to PrivySeal. As such, certain private details (such as passwords, ID numbers, etc) are never stored anywhere in our system.
We make use of strong encryption and one-way hashing to protect critical data. We are continually updating our systems to keep them secure and resilient in the face of the latest online threats.
Lastly, all your interactions with the PrivySeal website are secured with strong SSL encryption, and we are proud to be one of the very few websites with an A+ SSL security rating from Qualys Labs.
PrivySeal was established in 2010 to protect consumers. To find out more, please visit www.privyseal.com
some useful links
- Video - What is Privyseal & how does it work?
- Frequently Asked questions
- Community Support
- About Privyseal
- Organisations needing our services?